Timothy Flanigan, MD
The Special Populations Core provides consultations, training, and/or written protocols on issues related to the recruitment and retention of drug using populations for research studies.
- Design of tracking protocols and databases for longitudinal studies
- Development of standardized instruments to assess sensitive behaviors (I.e. risk behaviors and adherence to meds) among drug users
- Computer-Assisted-Self-Interview (ACASI) for assessing sensitive information *
- Adherence and Directly Observed Therapy (DOT)
- Recruitment and retention activities
- Recruitment, assessment, and follow-up of substance using cohorts
- Informational brochures
- Recruitment tools
- Ongoing review of recruitment and retention activities
If you are interested in learning more about this Core’s services, please contact Kim at .