Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Alice Tang, PhD
Tufts University School of Medicine
The Epidemiology and Biostatistics Core will assist with the design, data collection, and analysis of all Center-related studies. Services include consultation on study design, questionnaire development, power and sample size calculations, data management, and analysis.
- Study design, framing of hypotheses, defining appropriate exposures and outcomes, choosing the appropriate analytic models, determining key covariates, and database and questionnaire design
- Power and sample size calculations in the planning phase of studies and grants
- Design and management of centralized databases for all multi-site, Center-wide studies
- Data management and analysis for individual Center-supported studies
- Advice on combining and analyzing existing data across sites
- Standardized data collection instruments and protocols to be used by Center-supported studies
If you are interested in learning more about this Core’s services, please contact Kim at .